Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Art Class - Pastel Painting
Build on your pastel painting skills with your experiences instructor Verena. Each week participants are asked to bring items to draw (please refer to list at the bottom of this page).
BYO materials as below:
- Set of pastels: your minimal set only has about 12, which limits the colours you can use somewhat but is enough to start. You may want a wider range of colours than this.
- Canson tinted textured pastel paper: depending on how large you do your pictures 2-3 large sheets quartered should be sufficient. You can substitute if you like. I recommend the colours dark grey, dusky dark blue and burgundy.
- Masking tape: to tape down paper
- Board: bigger than paper
- Table easel: to support your board
- Tray: to lay pastels while not using them
- Wet wipes: for messy fingers
- Kneadable eraser: you can shape this type of eraser to get the exacy shape you want
- Course painting brush: to brush away excess dust
- OPTIONAL: Fixative: this holds the pastel dust in place. Some people substitute the professional fixative for cheap aerosol hairspray. You need to use this outside because it is potent.
- OPTIONAL: pastel or charcoal pencils to more easily complete draw in compositions
- OPTIONAL: Wax paper or baking paper placed between drawings in your folio stops them from smudging on each other
DATES TOPIC ITEMS TO BE BRING FOR DRAWING
18 and 25 October Still Life Fruit and other objects that go with them
and 11 November
8, 15 and 22 Flowers Flowers with or without a vase
29 November, Beach Scene Beach photos
6 and 13 December
Monday, November 8, 2021, 9:00 AM until 11:30 AM
Life Long Learning
Registration is recommended
Payment in Full In Advance Or At Event